Thursday, March 4, 2010

midnight snacking is a naughty thing..

indeed it is. but this will teach me not to look at yummy food blogs such as grabyourfork in the middle of the night!!
so here i am.. sitting infront of my computer.. eating soupy mini dumplings. even though these are just the frozen ones you find in any asian grocery stores.. they're pretty good. the ones im having now are my favorite - pork and shiitake mushrooms.
sorry no pic coz its just too dark to get a decent photo out of my *beloved* iphone camera.

HOWEVER, the food is giving me more energy to catch up on some blogging!!
so about a week ago i ordered (yes i know.. lots of online shopping lately) a wig through a lovely girl called Rina who lives in Japan.. i found her through a cute blog that ive been reading lately - Jenny's Blog
and this is Rina's website if you ever wana buy anything from Japan, she'll be your personal shopper!!

so are you ready to see my wig? lol.. the thing is .. ive already changed my profile pic and you can see that im wearing the wig already.. tee hee hee..
so i wore it out a few a nights ago for the first time.
when gav and i went to the New Shanghai restaurant at Chatswood Chase to try the salted egg yolk crab..


it was kinda dark inside.. but i loved the decor.. everything was either black or red.. one of my favorites was this poster at the counter


and here's a pic of the crabby.. there were TWO ... and they took so long for us to finish.. very yummy indeed..



hmm... i know gav doesnt want me to post this pic coz he reckons he looks bad in it(plus my GREAT self-shot skills cut half his head off.. --") but this is one of the good photos of me so SORRY!!!



its such a nice color. well.. why did you get a wig i hear you asking.. (you're probably not, but just humor me okay?) coz i wanted a lighter shade of hair but didnt wana dye it. plus i want pretty curls without having to perm it too. ive already done that a year ago in hk .. and ive straightened it a few times after high school too.. so thinking of giving my poor hair a rest from the perming and straightening..
ive also gotten extensions in the past.. they were really pretty and fun... UNTIL they started falling out after a few months!!
so a wig is the perfect solution!! it wasnt cheap though.. but i think its worth it.=)
i just need to trim the fringe a little. look at me in this photo.. haha..


its super long i cant even see past it..
oh and im wearing my cute paul frank beanie not because it was that cold but because the wig looks cutest with a beanie or a hat i figured. so i looked through all the beanies and tried them all on.. hehe. girls get to do all these fun things at home like trying beanies on.. *heart*

to be honest, when i put the wig on for the first time and wore it out..i was really really self-conscious. i was EXTREMELY shy shy and just felt very uncomfortable whenever anyone looked at me..
like as if they know its a wig or that i might look funny and it doesnt suit me..etc etc.
but gav kept telling me he likes it and that i look cute in it.. so after awhile i started to relax abit and try not to think about whos thinking what.
thats when i realised i have more fun when i dont care what other people think. the one persons opinion that i cared about was gav's .. and he likes it! so im happy too..
i think i'll be a little less shy next time i wear it out.. =P

2 comments:

  1. OMG yes!!!!!!!!! yaaaaaaaaay!! You look so good! I can't tell at all it's not real :O You rock it well! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny - Thank you so much!! i feel so much more confident now ..reading that from you! =)

    ReplyDelete